Thursday 6 October 2011

Vision

So this morning I read of the passing of Mr Steve Jobs. A legend of his time, Jobs is probably the closest any man will ever come to achieving true immortality. Inspired by a speech he wrote for a graduation he spoke at in 2005, I wrote this piece (via @Entrepreneur_SA , http://www.entrepreneurmag.co.za/entrepreneur-today/in-the-words-of-steve-jobs/ ). I hope it inspires you even a hundredth of what this man inspired me. Enjoy:



For my unborn children, I wish vision
If they’re healthy and strong
If they get to live lives that are long
That’s a plus

If they’re talented, beautiful
Smart, athletic and have great personalities
That’s an added bonus

An added bonus God knows I’ll be grateful for.

All these things I would cherish in my children
But these are traits I will not wish upon them
For my children I wish only one thing

That they may have vision.

Vision beyond the minds of the masses
Vision beyond themselves
And most importantly, vision beyond the human condition
Which holds us back from exploring the boundaries of our true potential.

I wish that they may have vision to enlighten them in the darkness of their exploratory years
Vision to give them patience when they get restless
Vision to give them perseverance when things get tough
Vision to reveal to them the fact that impossible is a state of mind.

To my unborn, yet to be conceived children, I write this letter to you
To wish upon you, vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment