Thursday 22 December 2011

Death Took Me

I was asked for a new post by my cuz (Nw’Chabangu), so here it is. Inspired by a conversation I had with a colleague about an unrequited love and Katy Perry’s “The One That Got Away” – Yes…I listen to Katy Perry. Anyhow, hope you pick up the main message – when you love someone, tell them everyday and make sure they never get away, because unrequited love must suck…I wouldn’t know Enjoy:

Death took me away from you
Because when you walked out on me I died
Not a part of me, all of me
Completely, you took my soul with you
Left a shell, broken on the floor
Too weak to follow you out that door
I should have told you long before
What I felt, what you meant to me
What it meant to be, yours
I wish I hadn’t let you be
The one that got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment