Tuesday 20 September 2011

Security of the State - POIB

This is my take on the secrecy of information act our "government" wants to pass. It's a "poetic" take on the matter if I may call it that. Enjoy:



Secrecy is like a drug, it's like a pill

Ignorance is bliss they say, and blissfull's how you'll feel

When our leaders smile and say it's all going swimmingly well

When truth be told, this country, our future, is all being raped to hell

But truth won't be told now will it

A tender here, a million there, why thank you, they don't mind if they do

After all, their cars and homes are footed by me and you, so if not for them then service delivery for who

I don't see any potholes here, or leaky pipes there

Too intoxicated by my fresh Houghton air

And besides, who cares, we'll still get our votes

The real majority just stares, on our every word they'll dote

This secrecy bill as you call it, should be renamed ignorance

Because we've been pulling the wool over the eyes of the illiterate masses

This is just a rubber stamp for every body elses dom passes

But we won't call it that, it's for the security of our estates...oh my, a Freudian slip, I meant security of the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment