Tuesday 22 November 2011

Title at the end: 2

I wrote this piece with the title as the first line, and then I remember my twomie, @BakiMooke saying she likes poetry/prose with titles at the end, so you’ll find it at the end. It’s a sad(ish) piece with a bitter sweet silver lining in the title (the last line). Enjoy:


These tears I cry
Seep into the sides of my smiling lips
Salted, bitter
Like the irony of this joke
I laugh because it hurts
It hurts because it cuts deep and rings true
Through my life, the pain and heartache reverberates
It moves to create a symphony, cacophony
Of noise, drowning out all joy
And reason for laughing
This is my life
And still I laugh, for tears do nothing for me
They merely pile on the misery
And oh how it loves company, but I deny it
These tears, they may seep into my mouth
Salted, bitter
But they do so through smiling lips
The tears of my laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment