Tuesday 1 November 2011

Woman Thou Art A Goddess

So, my cousin and new editor, @ItsNutty gave me a mine field of a topic for today: “Why not write about the effort that girls put into looking good but not their brain matter?” I must admit that I was slightly apprehensive about it at first, for fear of offending my female readers (since y’all are true examples of powerhouse ladies. #truestory); but then I thought, “bugger fear, challenge accepted!!” So, if you guys have any topic suggestions you’d like to read my opinion on, hit me up on twitter (@ngwanamosadi) or Facebook. Enjoy:


Woman, thou art a goddess
Athenian in poise and stature
Your glancing eyes, mature
Flicker across the room grab mine

And I am locked into you
Hair full, curves got me revving
Skin so smooth has me melting
Softer than any silk I’ve ever felt and
Those heels, heaven save me those heels

So apt for such artfully carved and shaped bases
To hold up the pylons of perfection
That are those everlasting legs
On and on and on they go

From a glance at you everyone in the room knows
Of the hours and effort and strain
Sweat and heart staking pain
That you put into achieving what stands before us

Physical perfection
And you’ve succeeded
But what now that you’ve got my attention
Will you keep it beyond the physical attraction
Will you stimulate me beyond the affection

Is it too much to ask
A standard too high to be attained
Should I be grateful and not complain
That I’ve found the epitome of every man’s desires
The envy that causes every woman’s disdain
I don’t think so

If you could be so applied to your physical beauty
Then surely, you could apply the same intensity
To highlighting your mental faculties
So as your breathtaking appearance does
They too can inspire poetic descriptions and utterances
Which take the mind away on journeys unimagined
To epic places only thoughts have access to

As your majestic body has
So too your mind those powers should possess
For woman, thou art a goddess.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Kats! I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd make an interesting musician. I'd like to see your things in songs.

    ReplyDelete