Sunday 5 February 2012

I Do (Till Death Do Us Part)

I've had a challenging start to 2012, one filled with lots of learning, frustrations and a bit of uncertainty. On more than one occasion I've found myself wondering what it is I'm doing with my life - even feeling a bit deflated at times, so I wrote this. Enjoy:


I won't lie, I lose a little steam some time

I get demotivated, my eagerness gets a tiny bit deflated

Even though I try to keep my head down and just keep at at at it

I lose sight of the end, like I'm falling back to the beginning

But this is only the beginning as I start to realize

The stars don't stop shining cause they're not burning in my eyes

I look up, and see

This life is greater than me

I'm destined to be more than I could ever be

Just gotta push

Even though I'm not quite knowing

Where the finish line is gotta keep keep going

Till I'm done. Me and this hustle promised until death do us part

And that my friend, was a promise from the heart

And my head, I gotta get it screwed back straight

Even on the finishing straight, I know that past that gate

Once I'm over that mountain, there's more for me to do

And I'll be sure to keep at, till my very last breath

Till I'm undone by death

Do I promise to the hustle to stay true?

That my friend, you can be sure I do.

1 comment: