Thursday 19 January 2012

Words Are Easy

I told myself that I wasn't writting anything today, but when inspiration hits it hits, courtesy of a conversation with my tweep @Oobakeng. This speaks to relationships as a whole, enjoy:


Words, words are easy

They flow like trees grow

In the heart of a jungle

Uninhibited unrestrained and free to be

If only our actions were as free

Then maybe we could have had a shot at something

We could have been more than the nothing

We became in the end of our days

If we'd had the courage in our words to change our ways

To go beyond the mere words we'd say

"I love you too" when I never really meant it

"I'm sorry I hurt you" when you'd already spent it



Words that said one thing

Actions that meant another meant

Before we even knew it we'd drifted from one another

When all is said and done

Words, words are easy

It's the action that's the hardest part.

1 comment:

  1. Too True. Love, Sweet Nothings and terms of endearment are nothing if they're not coupled with tiny empathetic acts and the occasional unexpected goodwill gesture. IMHO

    ReplyDelete